Central to Eveleigh
Urban Transformation and Transport Program
About the Central to Eveleigh program
The Central to Eveleigh program is about great city thinking that connects diverse and vibrant communities. UrbanGrowth NSW is the lead agency working with the community and stakeholders to prepare an urban transformation strategy with a vision, planning and design principles, and a delivery framework to guide future development.
Local residents have told us they love the diversity, creativity and friendliness of the local area and how close it is to the city. We recognise these great strengths as an opportunity to shape the future of the area.
- Project announced by the NSW Government
- Preliminary investigation to understand opportunities and constraints
- Stakeholder and community consultation to identify areas of focus for the urban transformation strategy
- Development of themes and a vision for corridor continued into 2015
- Further consultation on the development of urban design and planning principles for the urban transformation strategy
- First individual precinct planning activities
- Complete studies and assessments for corridor
2016 and beyond
- Display of urban transformation strategy
- First concept plans for precincts