Green Square Town Centre
About the Green Square Town Centre Project
Green Square is set to revitalise the industrial edge of Sydney’s inner south into a vibrant global village. In fact, it’s one of the most significant urban transformation programs under construction in Australia. At the very heart of this area is the Green Square Town Centre, an important residential, retail, commercial, and cultural hub of the community.
UrbanGrowth NSW is a major landowner within this town centre and the lead agency collaborating with key stakeholders. We have entered a project agreement with the private sector (Mirvac Green Square) to develop the site.
Green Square Town Centre area
UrbanGrowth NSW program area
- Pre 2013
- Program announced after first being conceived in 1991
- Investigations to understand opportunities and constraints
- Land acquisition and consolidation
- Statutory planning approvals
- Stage 1 essential infrastructure civil works commenced
- Tallest residential building, 'Ovo', released for apartment sales in two stages across 2014/15
- First residential development ‘Ebsworth’ released for apartment sales
- Land transfers to the City of Sydney effected (future Plaza, Library and Zetland Avenue) in accordance with the voluntary planning agreement
- Ebsworth the first high street completed as part of Stage 1 civil works
- First residential building Ebsworth and tallest residential building, Ovo, construction commenced
- Land transfers to the City of Sydney (future Ebsworth Street) in accordance with voluntary planning agreement
- Development planning for sites 7, 17 and 18
- Construction of Ebsworth and Ovo ongoing.