Urban Transformation Program
About the Parramatta Road Program
The Parramatta Road corridor is characterised by chronic traffic congestion, loud noise and low quality commercial premises. The corridor, which connects Sydney CBD to Sydney’s second CBD, Parramatta, is a priority area for the long term growth and improvement of Sydney.
We are leading an integrated project team and collaborating with councils along the corridor to deliver the Parramatta Road urban transformation strategy. The strategy will be the NSW Government’s 30 year plan for how the corridor will grow and bring new life to local communities living and working along the corridor.
Program area (From draft strategy. Under review)
- Project launched in August
- Community and stakeholder engagement
- Feedback considered and Strategy finalised with elements incorporated into Greater Sydney Commission's District Plan process
- Urban amenity improvement assessments.
- District plans placed on exhibition
- District plans progressively implemented through council Local Environmental Plans.