Oran Park | smart work hubs
Our Oran Park Smart Work Hub is the first of its kind in southwest Sydney. Designed as an alternative to traditional workplace or working from home, it provides state-of-the-art facilities and technology services supported by high speed broadband.
It provides the convenience of a central office – printers, meeting rooms – but closer to home. These facilities fulfil individual and employer demands for greater workplace flexibility, as well as increasing activation of residential and retail properties.
Since its launch, the Oran Park Smart Work Hub has welcomed over 100 members. It is currently home to 42 businesses and 12 Government employees (NSW Industry, SES, NSW Fire & Rescue, Department of Premier & Cabinet & Department of Education and Training).
Other project initiatives include:
- creation of a vibrant mixed-use town centre consisting of a retail centre, town park and civic precinct
- high quality open space provision including a number of sports fields, playgrounds and green space
- a walkable neighbourhood with a network of 1.5m wide shared pathways and cycleways
- promoting housing choice through local partnerships to deliver small lot housing, terrace dwellings, studio dwellings and manor homes
- an educational precinct with a K-12 public school, independent K-12 school and community library
- a commitment to community recreation and youth engagement through the delivery of a leisure centre, skate park, youth centre and tennis facilities
- social sustainability initiatives including the Community Development and Welcome Program and the provision of a multi-purpose community room
- fostering the provision of childcare facilities including childcare centres, family day care, a mobile preschool and community playgroups
- water sensitive urban design and the enhancement and preservation of riparian corridors
- provision for local churches and a retirement village
- an integrated primary health care centre that will form the first stage of a medical precinct
- optical fibre to the home across the project
- supporting future development in the area through the provision of major lead-in infrastructure (roads, sewer and water).